AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- To encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards and promote the progress of Forensic Medicine.
- To highlight the importance and raise the standard of medico legal work in relation to administration of justice.
- To co-operate with other scientific Associations.
- To encourage and publish important research in all branches of Forensic Medicine.
- To represent internationally the research work carried out in Forensic Medicine in India.
- To advise the State Government / Administration and other Government bodies on matters pertaining to Forensic Medicine.
- To organize the arrange meetings and symposia on Forensic Medicine and allied subjects.
- To serve and administer funds, grants, endowments for the furtherance of research in Forensic Medicine.
- To own and acquire, administer and dispose of properties movable and immovable of the Society.
ELIGIBILITY AND MEMBERSHIP
Society membership as classified hereafter, shall be open only to those persons:
- Who are engaged as a staff of the department of Forensic Medicine in any of the Medical Colleges in the state of Assam.
- All postgraduate trainee of the department of Forensic Medicine of the medical colleges of the state of Assam.
- All registered medical practitioner dealing with the medico-legal cases.